Prayers for Teens: Prayer for Protecting Your Eyes
Updated: October 25, 2022
These prayers for teens are broken down into specific areas of a teen’s life that needs God’s wisdom and direction. This is one of a few teenage prayer ideas you can find here. It is important to know a prayer for protecting your eyes because the eyes are where we receive visual information and many of that information can open doorways to sin in our lives. The world gets better and better in making sure they grab your attention through visual arts whether its movies, clothing lines, the internet, or anything else that is visually appealing including art pieces, the enemy uses what is visually appealing to take us down the path of sinful behavior.
Remember, these prayers for teens should be considered starter or beginner prayers because we never know how Holy Spirit will direct you to continue to pray during your devotional time with God.
Prayers for Teens: Tips on How to Pray
*This is not an exhaustive list but quick tips to help you get started*
- Open up prayer with asking Holy Spirit to help you. (Rom. 8:26)
- We want to acknowledge Holy Spirit and the role He plays in our prayer life.
- Then address Who you are praying to, God the Father. (Matt. 6:9-13)
- There are many gods in this world so we want to be specific in Who we praying to.
- Fill your prayer with meaningful words. (Matt. 6:7)
- You can use a guide like this one or a trusted biblically sound prayer book, but make sure we aren’t using words or sounds that have no meaning.
- Close it out with the Name of Jesus Christ. (John 15:16)
- As we start our prayer acknowledging Who we are speaking to, we must also end the prayer but specifically asking for these things in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- Remember, there is no exact recipe. (Philip. 4:6)
- As we read the many prayers in the Bible, we are going to see many different ways in which that is accomplished, both long and short prayers, tears, shouts of joy, etc. Knowing Who we are praying to, is the important piece. Many people get religious when it comes to praying and what it should look like, but I know there were many times in my life where all I could say was, “Jesus, help me.” He has heard that prayer as well as my other ones. When all else fails, including words, even just saying His precious Name has all the meaning it needs.
Prayers for Teens: Prayer for Protecting Your Eyes
Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I pray for Your direction and guidance in protecting my eyes from seeing things that are not honorable to You or anyone else. I ask for Your wisdom and knowledge in what is considered worthless things in Your eyes (Psalm 101:3). I know what I see will affect the rest of my physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual well-being (Matt. 6:22-23). I am making the decision to create a plan in order to help me which includes writing down, reading, and/or memorizing scripture so I battle the enemy with the Word of God (Psalm 119:11).
I pray for full vision to see the way out of temptation and the quickness, boldness, and courage to take it if I have gone too far (1 Cor. 10:13). I pray to waste no time in having my feet run from temptation. I also take this time now to ask for forgiveness if I have allowed anything to enter in through my eyes, I repent Lord. I also know that now that I have repented You have forgiven me from my sins and I am clean before You so the enemy has no hold over me anymore especially in the area of shame (1 John 1:9). I am no longer guilty and can walk in this freedom (Psalm 32:5).
I pray You will send me accountability partners (those people who are Christian, strong in their faith, of the same gender as me, who can encourage, support, pray, and help guide me in this walk of sexual purity). I pray You will show me how to cut those things out of my life that will cause me to stumble and replace them with Godly practices such as reading Your Word, worship, and praise.
Help encourage me when all I feel is failure knowing I can get back up again and continue the course (Prov. 24:16). Help lift my eyes to You when all I want to do is focus on failure. Help me to focus on resources, like these prayers for teens, that help encourage Your truth in this area and not on those things from the world that seek to distract or mock Your ways (1 Cor. 1:18).
I cancel those assignments against my future spouse, future children, and future generations from the enemy. Help me set the foundation for lasting marriages and healthy families. I pray against the powers of darkness that seek to destroy Your will for my life. As I’m praying these prayers for teens, I will mark down this time so I can look back one day and set down a memorial for how You helped me. I pray all these things in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ, Amen!
Prayers for Teens: Scripture Verses:
“I will not set before my eyes anything that is worthless. I hate the work of those who fall away; it shall not cling to me.” (Psalm 101:3)
“The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is healthy, your whole body will be full of light, but if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light in you is darkness, how great is the darkness.” (Matt. 6:22-23)
“I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.” (Psalm 119:11)
“No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.” (1 Cor. 10:13)
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9)
“I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not cover my iniquity; I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord,” and you forgave the iniquity of my sin.” (Psalm 32:5)
“For the righteous falls seven times and rises again, but the wicked stumble in times of calamity.” (Prov. 24:16)
“For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.” (1 Cor. 1:18)
Baskets of Blessings,
Jesus, family, ministry, and lots of coffee! My heart comes from being a young teen girl who didn’t know much and found Jesus in a dark time. My ministry focuses on the heart of God for this generation to make Godly decisions especially in the area of purity. A blog for all ages because God’s Word is eternal and has no age limit!
what do you think?